Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Finally some new work on Suspend2^WTuxOnIce. Why so long?

I finally got around to doing some more work on Suspend2 aka TuxOnIce today; a first attempt at freezing fuse filesystems. I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong, because it seems to be working fine. Maybe this will be another one of those cases where it works fine for the developer, but in the real world... :). I suppose I should get around to doing a 2.2.10.3 release.

Lots of other things going on at the moment:

* Last Saturday I was ordained as a minister in our denomination. It was a really good day in every way (nice to finally have that hurdle out of the way, too).
* We have a baby on the way. We've known that for a while (~22 weeks), but I don't think I've mentioned it here. He/she is due January 14.
* I'm really busy with ministry work. All sorts of irons in the fire there!
* Holidays coming at the end of next month - first time in 2 years. It will be nice to see family in New Zealand again. Booking flights and making arrangements takes time.
* I've taken up an interest in xorg development. Well, not developing, but I've been seeking to run recent git, mostly because I'd love to use compiz without having to also use fglrx.
* Making a website for our town's spring festival. Nothing really flash. Websites aren't at all my area of expertise.
* Taking over caring for our denominational website. Lots of fun with getting to grips with CPanel. It's not hard. Just takes time.
* Looking for new hosting for the suspend2.net website. We've abused the kindness of the computer club Bernard used to be a member of for far too long now.
* Our vcr is dying, so I've been looking at buying a digital one. I wanted a TopField 6000PVRT, but couldn't get one. Ended up ordering parts from EYO. They're doing the assembly so I don't have to worry about discovering that the parts I ordered don't fit together! Then I just have to install Ubuntu or whatever. It will be based on the new VIA LN10000EG and a Fusion Digital 4 tuner card.

No wonder I'm not writing code!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Does this Suspend2 work under slackware 12, i wanna try it on my box?.

thanks for your help

yours sincerely
joielechong


http://own-learning.blogspot.com/

4:35 pm  
Blogger Nigel said...

It should work with any recent kernel. I'm not sure what Slackware 12 has by default, but you should be able to get TuxOnice to work on that distro.

Regards,

Nigel

5:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home