Friday, December 15, 2006

Git trees.

Well, the number of git trees is slowly expanding. I now have ones for Ubuntu-2.6 and Ubuntu-edgy, 2.6.17.x, 18.x, 19.x and head.

My tools for keeping them up-to-date without killing myself in the process are slowing growing too. Over the last couple of weeks, I've slowly developed scripts that allow me to grab upstream modifications and automatically merge and upload where there aren't any conflicts. Thankfully that's the normal case. If a conflict occurs, I'm dropped to a shell where I can resolve conflicts, complete the merge and then press control-D to continue the process.

I guess I should work toward running this from a cron job, though resolving conflicts might not be so simple then.

Not much work done on actual code - been too busy with the milking course, preparations for Christmas and so on, though I did whip up a patch earlier in the week to clear the 'I've tried to resume from this before' flag in the image header if you press escape to cancel a resume.

Finally got around to reporting my PowerNow! problems to Dave Jones, too. He ended up putting me on to a couple of AMD guys. Perhaps I'll soon be able to have cpu frequency scaling and no white screens of death! Then my only wish will be for AMD to free up the fglrx source :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home