Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Progress on the mythtv box.

The MythTV box is up and running. I'm reasonably happy with it, but still have work to do.

The harddrive controller's power management routines don't seem to be up to scratch - after the atomic copy when hibernating, no more data gets written. I'll have a closer look when I find some time.

The Digital 4 tuner didn't work until I tested it in another computer, running M$. Maybe I didn't hold my tongue right :). It's now working okay (bar the remote - the maintainer says he knows how it works but hasn't found the time yet to write the code). Being out in Cobden, the signal isn't magnificant. I have a Winfast DTV 2000H as well - I should compare them. Failing that, I have a friend who runs an aerial business; maybe I'll have to pay him to take a look at the reception.

Did I mention the configuration before?

- Morex ProCase Mini-ITX 2699 black, 60w Ext PSU, 1xRiser card
- Via EPIA Mini-ITX M/B LN10000EG w/1G C7 nanoBGA2 CPU, DDR2 RAM
- FusionHDTV DVB-t Dual Digital 4 TV Card, Two Channels, PiP, Power Up
- Apacer DDR2-667 PC2-5300 1.0GB, CL5, 64X8 RP
- HDD SATA, Samsung SpinPoint, 250GB, 8MB 7200 SP2504CN
- Wireless networking via a DLink G730AP (powered off USB port)
- Creative 2.1 Speakers
- Mythbuntu (I discovered there's a Fedora MythTV later)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home